I was passing out bookmarks to market Binding Power last week, and when I gave one to one of my past history professors, he mentioned that Barnes and Noble was looking for new authors to put on their shelves. So, I called them up, got the information I needed, and I’m filling out the forms required to get my books distributed by a real book store! I’m so excited! I’ll even get a book signing!
For those of you interested, here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to http://www.barnesandnoble.com/
2. Scroll ALL the way down to the bottom of the page, where it says “B&N Services” in bold lettering and click on “Publisher and Author Guidelines”
3. Go to “How to Become a Vendor of Record” tab on the left.
4. Download the Publisher Information Form and fill it out COMPLETELY.
5. Make sure you add any extra paperwork that it says in the directions.
6. Mail it all to the address on the last page at the bottom.
7. The process should take at least 2-4 months to complete, from what I read.
Good luck and I hope to see all of your books on the shelves next to mine!